We recommend going through the steps below to get your ePlatform underway:
- Step 1. Familiarise yourself with the ePlatform admin area and setup the basic settings (notes below).
- Step 2. Setup Patron Authentication (how students/patrons login to the ePlatform), your IT department may need to get involved at this point.
- Step 3. Test the Patron Authentication once its setup.
- Step 4. Purchase a few titles for the ePlatform (this can be done earlier if preferred).
- Step 5. Make sure you have familiarised yourself with the eBook Applications that are available.
Below are a few admin tips that may be helpful. The first three steps (Basic Settings) are highly recommended before launching your ePlatform to patrons or students.
- Global Site Settings (loan limits etc): Within this area you can edit your default loan settings. Go through the 'Loans' and 'Reserves' settings and alter them if required.
- Note: These only applies to your ePlatform portal - if you are on ePlatform One Shared Collection, the loan limit and reserves are managed by us. For more information on Fair Usage policy of ePlatform One, click here:
- Contact Settings: Within this area you can customise your 'contact us' page on the ePlatform. This page is intended for students/patrons to contact the library. Changes will reflect the 'contact us' page on the ePlatform, located on the top right.
- Reports: Reports can be downloaded from this area to assist with monitoring the use of the ePlatform.
- UI Settings - Sign-In Page: You can customise the login page on the ePlatform, this is done under 'UI Settings'. Simply use the first three boxes.
- UI Settings - Pattern Validation: You can add prefix and suffix settings to your login field. This works alongside your authentication option. If your logins feature a consistent aspect you can activate this feature to reduce the number of characters required to login. To utilise this simply tick the box 'Usernames always share a common prefix or suffix' under UI settings and add in your requirements.