In order to get the LDAP connection going, we require:
- The external IP of the LDAP server
- this can be in the form of xyz.xx.xx.xyz, or ldap.schoolname.com (for example)
- A read only service account to be set up
- Our IP address 22.214.171.124 needs to be allowed through the firewall(s)
(whitelisting our range – 52.237.241.xx – is preferable, as we can fail over to others)
- The standard port is 389, or 636 for SSL
- You may use a port of your choosing so long as it’s entered in the LDAP settings (on your ePlatform).
- We require a full distinguished ou path to be entered – if staff and students are in separate ou’s then it would look something like the below:
- Ou=staff,ou=users,dc=schoolname,dc=com (dc=local is also fine)
Let us know once these details are in your LDAP Settings area, and we will assist with the rest.